Search This Blog

Tuesday, 19 November 2019

Information Report



We are learning how to write an information report using information we gather through research














One of my personal writing goals is:

Know and write a wide variety of text types and forms.



Evidence I am developing this in my writing:

I have used this goal in my report by using the words 'war' and other words compared to that. I think I should use more words with the 'o' sound in my writing to complete this goal.









Insert an image of your final / teacher conferenced draft:




Publish your Information Report here:


The Vietnam was also known as the second Indochina war of the American war was prior 1955-1975. This is the first was the New Zealand did not fight alongside it’s referred ally, Great Britain. The causes of the Vietnam war was caused by the outcome and the component of the cold war and also considered that America was menacing the expand all of South-east Asia. How many people died is unknown but is notorious that not everyone came home.


I personally didn’t know this but it is known that the king of rock n roll, Elvis Presley, joined the Vietnam war. On December 20th, 1957, Presley received a call on March 24th if he could serve in the war for 2 years. He was the 1st Batallion. But he was called back earlier for his mother, Gladys Presley, as she had had a heart attack and sadly died at the age of 46.


Here are some facts on the Vietnam war:


The location is based not only in Vietnam but also in South Vietnam, North Vietnam, Cambodia, Loas and Germany.


Over 1 million people were injured.

The Vietnam war was apart of the cold war also.

The Vietnam war is still going on in Vietnam (I think).

The U.S first got involved in the Vietnam war in 1954

A majority of the men who fought in the war weren’t drafted - they volunteered.

Richard Nixon ended the war.

On April 30th, 1975, the Vietnam war which had lasted for almost 20 years, eventually came to an end. To specify, the Vietnam war lasted for 19 years, 5 months, 4 weeks and 1 day and was America’s longest involvment in any war.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, you have gathered information and used it to produce a piece of writing, however reflecting on the criteria for an information report, you have missed a few key success criteria. I like the way you have used strong vocab to support your facts. Your next step is to put your work into full sentences and paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete